Sunday, June 6, 2010

My Last Word On Wonder Woman Casting


I remember when I first started blogging that I found these terrific pictures of some awesome athletic model dressed up as Wonder Woman. For me this was perfection. The look, the body, the costume - all perfect for a live action adaptation of the story. She has to have stature and heft to inspire awe in everyone who sees her.

She looks just like the image of Wonder Woman I have in my brain. I never knew who she was but recycled these pics whenever someone was mentioned (like Kristen Stewart from the Twilight Movies for the role - GAH!) who was not suited.

The girl in these pictures looks alot like Cobie Smulders (on the TV show, "How I Met Your Mother") and I can only hope that her resume reaches the desk of Josh Whedon or anyone else willing to tackle this superhero franchise.

It's such a no-brainer. Hot and sexy fights with hot and sexy mythical gods and creatures by a female hero to show all our little girls who they needed to look up to. Thanks for Samurai Frog for finding these images on the day I am talking about this topic. Proof that people actually read my stuff and that feels good.



http://samuraifrog.tumblr.com/

2 comments:

Sam G said...

Actually I've read that when Joss was writing his draft of WW he had Cobie Smulders in mind for the role. Hopefully if they ever do make a Wonder Woman movie they will take that into consideration.

M. D. Jackson said...

The fellow who made these images is an Australian fellow named JoshWC. He has a blog over at wordpress:

http://www.fanartexhibit.wordpress.com/

He does some wonderful photomanips of superheros, not just Wonder Woman.