Sunday, April 11, 2010

All Kinds Of Awesome


Where is THIS cop/buddy movie. People in Hollywood have no imagination anymore because the movie I have in my head, right now, with these two, would be AWESOME. Just let them be themselves, put them on the run from a Mexican drug cartel, add a ton of real life but non-credited people (like they did with Bill Murray in Zombieland) give Slash a cool tag line (and a McGyver like genius for getting out of trouble) and Betty a bazooka (and a habit of going for the nuts whenever she felt threatened), a ton of car chases and explosions, and we got us the biggest hit of Christmas 2010.

Oh and if we needed another reason why Slash is on the side of the angels. Check out the pin he is wearing for an appearance on the 'Tonight Show'. I hope Jay saw it and knew what it meant.


Does anyone remember the cartoon show 'Kid Notorious'? It starred Robert Evans, the producer of 'Chinatown' and 'The Godfather' movies. He played a sorta playboy spy and Slash was his next door neighbor who always solved problems. He also had a cat named 'Puss Puss' who rolled his joints for him. I KNOW I didn't imagine it. Don't look at me like that.


The coolest thing about the cartoon was Evans himself who has one of the greatest voices to listen to (next to Keith David of 'They Live' and 'The Thing' fame). The writers would find someway in every episode to have him say his tag line - "You bet your ass I did". Wicked funny.



http://snuh.tumblr.com/

3 comments:

Wings1295 said...

ok then!

Pat Tillett said...

I hear that Slash and Betty White are now an item...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You know...that actually fills me with much joy, Pat. If those two crazy kids can make it work then we all have a chance of finding love.