Thursday, April 15, 2010

Believe The Hype


It seems the phenomenon that is 'Cal Week' is real. Not something cooked up by a corporate Madison Avenue PR Firm. For some reason beyond reason the hits just keep on coming.

I haven't brought up my 'numbers' in a long time because I have come to believe that Google Analytics is how 'the man' keeps a brother 'down'.

You can go crazy when you lose one follower and have no idea how they left or why. Rarely do you ever find out and when you do you really don't want to know the reason as much as you think you might.

It is always something petty like you being a Nazi war criminal or you highlight the achievements of Nazi war criminals or you highlight boobs or you show Nazi war criminals with boobs. It's insane. That would have made me minus 25 years old when I first joined the Hitler Youth or the girl's division of the Hitler Youth. It's not logical.

I have long suspected that the reason for the lose was alien abduction not through space but through TIME. Let that rattle around in your melon for a bit. How DID Velociraptor get a taste for human anyways? They were never on the Ark.
Anyways, my number have been consistently between 600 to 700 visits a day for the past two months. Who cares? I can't figure out the voodoo they use to cook the numbers anyway. You might as well have my hard drive dispense a jelly pellet everytime a person visits and I can save those in a jar and enjoy them at the end of the day. That I can understand.

Now yesterday the numbers jumped from 649 to 994 visits and I am six people from follower 200.


The legend that is 'Cal Week' continues it's unstoppable march to Sunday when I expect to be eaten by a time travelling Nazi Velociraptor that may or may not have boobs. You won't forgive yourself if you miss it.

11 comments:

Green Stone said...

I lost a follower a few days ago and I flipped the hell out. Like, flipped my laptop over and cussed. >:(

Less time-travelling velociraptor attacks on readers! That's what Blogger needs to implement.

Drake said...

I'm only 176 followers from 200! I think i've been stuck at 24 for months but i'm a lazy blogger. I don't understand why you don't have 2000 followers, your blog is that good.
Samuarifrog and i on our tumblrs seem to lose followers when we post a naked breast, it's like clockwork - naked boobie, someone runs off screaming. :)

vancouver mark said...

Remember though that on any given day I check into your blog about ninety times looking to see whether you've replied to my comments.

I'll be back here in about forty minutes to se what you say.

And another thirty minutes after that, and so on.

And I'll look forward to Sunday, when if I'm understanding you correctly your special guest will be Lady Gaga (Nazi velociraptor with boobs, that kinda gave it away, Calvin)

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Kate - it's those damn Velociraptors. They are the reason we can't have anything nice.

Drake - I am sorry that I have been enjoying the insane follower drop going on at your tumblr and frog's tumblr. I swear I timed it one day and the loss came seconds after the posting of a PIE, a cherry pie, and who doesn't love pie?


Oh VM, how little you know me. Have I post ONE Lady Ga Ga pic or made reference to her ever. Come back in 40 minutes and it will be the same.

Powdered Toast Man said...

Nazi velociraptor with or without boobs?!? it's mind boggling.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

PTM - Now you SEE what I am dealing with around here. No sleep for the man that carries the burden I tells ya.

I just love how the cat is sure to let me know whenever he feels like he needs a nap - being as it affects his ENORMOUS contribution to the production of the widgets around here.

No No No - Don't let me keep you Fluffy. It can wait. I will leave it on your desk. Get to it when you can.

TS Hendrik said...

Hmm... Nazi dinosaurs... Sounds like a good pilot for NBC.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Yeh, sounds like a good idea to everyone until they reject perhaps the finest pilot script that has ever been written. Not that I am bitter or anything. Don't get that idea into your head. Thanks NBC or as I like to call them the Nazi Bastard Company.

Wings1295 said...

Catching up on all the Cool Cave goodness today!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It is the best way to really experience the madness. I was voted the most popular weekly visit for mental patients, left handed shut-ins and long haul trucker specifically carrying items in their frozen liquid form. I found a need and I filled it.

Nathan said...

Why would a velociraptor have boobs? They're not mammals!