Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I Have Crossed The Line


I watched this guy on 'Saturday Night Live' last weekend and truthfully, I don't get it. In all the world there is not a kid better at doing what he does than he is? It was like a bad re-run of every manufactured pop product of the past 50 years. It's like the world just gave up and SETTLED on him.

Now some of you will say I am a hypocrite because I am seduced by the 'product' that is Selena Gomez. Are you seriously arguing, that this kid is on par with her in terms of personality, talent, charisma, or potential? If you are TEN I believe you. You just haven't lived enough to know you should expect and demand better from your entertainment.

It's that whole EFFORT thing with me again. Sorry, I gotta ask for SOMETHING.

And if I see him hanging out in a 'club' in his videos ONE MORE TIME I am gonna take a club to most if not all of his 'management team'. You should be embarrassed.

You go Selena. Rule the world girl. You deserve it if this is your competition. I chose the right pony in this race.

http://eclecticbanana.tumblr.com/

4 comments:

SamuraiFrog said...

I totally agree. The kid is just irritating because there's nothing to him. If there was some spark of talent in there, that would be one thing, but there's nothing in that shell backing up his attitude.

Anonymous said...

I'm ashamed that this little wanna-be is Canadian. Blech. :(

The Junos are in St. John's this year, and they're hyping up this little punk like he's U2 or something. They have a radio contest going called "Bawlin' for Bieber" where parents have to call up and beg for tickets for their kids. *puke*

I can't stand little kids or young teenagers trying to sing about things that only grownup life experience can teach someone. Love? You're a walking hormone who smells like armpit and are only just discovering mysterious hair growing all over for the first time. What do you know about love?

Ahem. What? Opinions? I don't have those. :P

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

He is as light as a popped kernal of corn - BEFORE - you add the salt and the butter.

The only thing he should be singing about is the pain he got from stepping on a piece of his Lego

K...I am gonna say it. You give the kind of comments that make the effort all worth it.

Thanks kitty kat

And didn't you know? We never HAD teen idols before he came along. He is re-inventing it for all us squares who don't get it.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha, well, you're very welcome!

I've noticed lately that I always forget to subscribe to comments. I would have missed your comment if I'd not done so this time. Silly Streel!