Saturday, February 19, 2011

Found This Beauty While Spring Cleaning




Whenever I subbed in an Industrial Arts lab I always gave myself a project to keep me from going out of my head with boredom.

This was my attempt at making my own battle hammer of THOR. The mystical incantation on one side reads 'Deflagrante Muri Tempi Et Intervalia' and the other side is my B.S. translation - 'Crashing Through the Walls of Time and Space' Those mystical words are taken directly from 'Gargoyles' and was what Goliath said to operate the 'Phoenix Gate' - an amulet that allowed time travel.

I am such a loser.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a find Kal

Tempo said...

Oh, this is so cool...and with your viking warrior looks, all you need is one of those horned hats and you're all set to go out capturing maidens or slaying dragons.

Kal said...

I will show off my wooden sword and sheild soon. But not my helmet. It was made out of a Kentucy Fried Chicken Bucket. We were dressing up during our Middle Ages unit. My army all had painted chicken buckets on their heads.

Sebastian Black said...

Nice hammer. I'm glad you typed out your translation, because I thought it was saying, "Castrating the ..." which seemed strange to put on a hammer, but at the time I thought it was an axe, and I figured in the fact that it was on your site, so it kind of made sense.

Tempo said...

Bring on the chicken bucket Kal... Promise we wont laugh

Sarah said...

I had forgotten about the phrase used to make the Phoenix gate work! Nice reference.

Kal said...

Tempo - You will so laugh at the chicken bucket and it is mean to lie and say you wouldn't.

Sarah - I was really into 'Gargoyles' at the time. That show was on daily after I got home from work.

Sarah said...

I love that show! Watched it every day with my sister. I loved the concept of gargoyles so much I even made a playable race of them in our group's D&D world.

Kal said...

Keith David, the voice of Goliath is on 'The Cape' now. He is my favorite voice actor ever.

Sarah said...

Ever? Including James Earl Jones?!?

Kal said...

Jones is great but Keith is better. Keith did voices for many cartoons and his baratone is just so perfect to my ears. Plus he was in 'The Thing' and 'They Live'.

Okay, Jones was Darth Vader. That is pretty cool.