Thursday, February 10, 2011

I Thought I Was Very Polite Here


From Tumblr - "I’d love it if you didn’t attach the captions, CoC, as I’d like to give it a try myself. Or leave it blank. But I refuse to hack the image as I don’t consider it mine."


My Reply - Since they are on the bottom of the image you can take my captions off anytime by using paint and then add your own. I don’t care. I find the images that inspire me and just add the captions. I could just post the picture and add the caption later in the comment box but it always feels insulted when people remove my words and then just reblog the picture. This way only those who like my combination of image and caption do the reblog. I like that validation. There are many many kitty pictures out there that you can practice on so I think I will be keeping things the way they are for the foreseeable future. Thank you for your suggestion.

7 comments:

TS Hendrik said...

I'd say you were more than polite. It's kind of a silly thing to ask when there are literally thousands of cat pictures floating around online.

Kal said...

That is why I wasn't a prick to that person. I don't feel any guilt.

DrGoat said...

You are giving those pics the Calvin touch, which is what we come here for. Like TS said, there are plenty floating around....he should do his own leg work.

SanRod said...

I'm not a fan at all of these true to form rip off artists. I used to have a cool app that would allow you to watermark any pic.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

I don't understand his request. I assume all these images are up for grabs, right? So why doesn't he just grab them himself? Or is he coming to your site to take them from you? I'm confused. But I'm glad you'll keep doing your thing with these unsuspecting kitties.
xoRobyn

Ricky Shambles said...

"I fawwd down."

Kal said...

I think he wanted to just use one of my borrowed images but not my caption. I was a bit hurt that he didn't like my humor but I will just keep doing them the way I am, Robyn.

I wish I could get my act together in the next couple of weeks to see you in Frisco. We will have to meet another time. Still hoping for Disneyland.