Friday, February 11, 2011

More Classic Canadiana

I just saw this on Debra's site. She is a true Alberta girl. This short film called 'The Log Driver's Waltz' is something we saw a MILLION times between shows on Canadian television while we were growing up. In the days when you were lucky to have 13 channels, the National Film Board of Canada was an educational and entertainment treat. I bet there are many many people who still know the words to this song. It should be the provincial anthem of British Columbia. It near and dear to all of our hearts.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha, yes, I am a True Alberta Girl, Kal: I came here from somewhere else! The first 40 years of my life were spent in Manitoba. Go Jets!

Kal said...

Wow...I am a Manitoba boy too. Shilo. I spent many of my summers in Winnipeg wandering the city while staying at my aunt's place on Boyle street - the most grubby dead end street in the city. We are practically related.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

If you grew up in Shilo then yes, we are practically related. I grew up in Souris and Brandon was the Big City for me until I turned 18 and moved to Winnipeg. Always glad to meet another Westman survivor!

Kal said...

We use to go rock picking for agates that we through in to the rock tumblr. Plus isn't that were the suspension bridge is?

I also kissed Wendy Hutchinson after helping her across the bridge because she was terrified.

I have many Brandon stories. It was the first downtown I was allowed to wander around on my own. I remember they had a great record store.

Nomad said...

I loved these National Film board animations specialy the Black fly. Same animator.