Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My Rings Arrived


These are a late Christmas presents from my Mom who got the sizes and types of rings exactly right (?) How the hell did she go online to order them? I expect her equally elderly friend who gets lost when she drives (even with a GPS unit) helped her out with this.

I have this image of the two of them first finding the Internet, then Google, then comic book stores that sell rings, then choosing the rings, then paying for the rings and finally insuring that they get sent to the right address. No wonder I got the gift in Feb. Probably took two months for the whole process to conclude.

However now she wants to see what else she can order online. First she wants a man. However, some old Geppetto with his wrinkly sawdust covered hands isn't getting within ten feet of this house. I keep changing the subject when she says she wants to write up her 'profile'.

Then she thought we could just look up 'Sobey's' (our local grocery store) and have order up some deli meats and cheeses. I will let her look into that until she gets bored with the fact that you can't really order groceries online and you have to go OUT to get pickles. Hopefully she gets frustrated by the search process and moves off to something else that interests her. I doubt it however. She just discovered a whole new world to explore. I knew getting her that cell phone would lead to no good.

Please! Don't anyone tell her about EBay.

Me greatest fear is this guy below showing up to the house smelling of Old Spice and desperation.

11 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Helloooooo Ladies! Be nice to your future step-dad, Kal.

Sarah said...

Why wouldn't you want your mom to date such a snappy dresser?

Kal said...

Don't even JOKE you two. The gods would LOVE for me to be punished for my sins this way.

Wings1295 said...

Hahahaha! Be careful, he may set his sights on changing the basement into his Rec Room, complete with paneling and shag rugs!

Wings1295 said...

Kudos to your mom, however. Way to go, February delivery or not!

Kal said...

I am pretty impressed with her actually. Same way I am impressed with the way she has picked up how to use the cell phone. She actually sent several texts to my sister during the time when Cyclone Yasi hit my sister in Australia when she couldn't reach her on the regular phone.

D.I. Felipe González said...

That man looks Retro-Cool. Meet him, in your next time travel to the 70's.

SanRod said...

I'd like to know where this guy got his outfit!! I know in my heart of hearts that if I could obtain such a garment my worries of lonely nights would cease forever.

Kal said...

I am sure you could look in any grandfather's closet and find slick duds like this.

I don't think I could pull if off myself but da women DO love a sharp dressed man. And if you could charm the mighty Coral for a time, you are not so clueless or skillless to find someone who would appreciate you.

Pat Tillett said...

The only things that would make that outfit better are patent leather shoes and belt...

Pat Tillett said...

The only things that would make that outfit better are patent leather shoes and belt...