Friday, February 11, 2011

Old School Memories

I was talking to Debra today and found we both grew up in rural Manitoba. We both know what it's like to go across this structure.


Souris' Swinging Bridge
Canada's longest suspension bridge - 582 feet


I remember going to Souris in Grade Seven to search for agates in the river bank that we would then put in a rock tumblr to smooth them out so they could be used for jewelry.

I also kissed Wendy Hutchinson for the first time after I helped her get over her fear to cross this bridge. It is a freaky experience because the bridge really moves when you are on it. She was so grateful that she made out with me in the woods until we got caught by the teacher. I was BMOTB (Big Man On The Bus) on the bus ride home.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh yes, agates and the Swinging Bridge -- it's what Souris was (and still is, I'm sure) known for! Glad you have such happy memories of the Bridge, LOL!

Dr. Monkey Von Monkerstein said...

Dude, you are always big man on the bus. ALWAYS!

Belle said...

Ahhh, young romance. So exciting.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

That is a great story and cool picture.
xoRobyn