Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Survivor - Redemption Island


Next week the next cycle of 'Survivor' begins. I have to admit that I really enjoy getting into this show. There is nothing better than watching these goobers turn against each other and basically prove what I have always said about humans - that we ain't no damn good. The strong eat the weak and then use the remaining bones to fashion a knife to stab their 'allies' in the back.

If aliens could watch one show to illustrate who we are as a civilization I would suggest 'Survivor'. Where else can you see pretty girls using their charms to manipulate men for a handful of rice? Or males with egos so massive that they think that winning a rigged contest and surviving forty days under a tarp while pooping in the jungle makes them 'the man'.

For the THIRD time in recent memory, Russel is back to try to finally win this thing. I swear it's getting kinda pathetic to see them bring back all the familiar faces instead of looking for new people to annoy and delight us. I have seen Russel's 'brand' of gamesmanship and I am so over him.


Also, 'Boston Rob' is back. Wasn't he the same guy who had a panic attack in the jungle last cycle? He used to have the killer instinct but he has been tamed since getting himself a wife and baby. I need to see a lion - not a neutered house cat.

But let's all wait and see what it will be like. I am surprised I have seen no adds or information for this cycle except for the fact that the show is not happy because apparently Russel has been releasing spoiler information out to the Internet. Don't they have somewhere to seclude these people? Where the hell did he get a cellphone in the jungle? I refuse to spoil the experience for myself but good lawd, way to start this cycle with a non-story.

I am also digging on Natatlie and Stephanie.


7 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Thanks for the reminder! I love Survivor and can't wait...

Wandering Coyote said...

I cannot stand either of those two men and quite frankly I find their presence - AGAIN! - a disincentive for watching the show. And I love Survivor. I just find Rob & Russell nauseating, and Russell is such a bad fucking loser...I don't know if I can take his whining when he gets his ass kicked again.

Kal said...

But he is so well known now that they may gang up on him early to get him out. That may be why he is releasing spoilers to take it out on the show.

Drake said...

After all the crummy dancing shows on tv i need my Survivor and Amazing Race!

Kal said...

I hear that 'Amazing Race' will be another retread of old characters like the goths and deaf kid/mom from the last couple of cycles. I hated that deaf kid. He was such a dickhead who used his disability to excuse his dickish behavior. That makes him a douchbag - not who he is but how he ACTS determines my opinion.

Kelly Sedinger said...

I will not watch Survivor as long as either one of these two guys is still on it. Period. I'm sick of both of them, especially Rob -- this will be his FOURTH time on Survivor, and he's also been on Amazing Race twice! If somebody at CBS has that big of a hard-on for him, they should just cut him a check for a million bucks and be done with it. I was looking forward to this season -- I think the idea of Redemption Island is great -- but these two being on will ruin the whole thing.

Kal said...

Rob is done. He used to be a force but he is just neutered now. And Russel has become a bully who is really starting to believe his own hype. I am done with his 'act' now.