Friday, April 8, 2011

Morena vs Eva



I may be incredibly tuned out (like that is possible, right?) but I wasn't sure who got cast in the Avenger's movie as WASP. I had heard it was between Morena Baccarin ('Firefly', 'V') and Eva Longoria ('Desperate Housewives).

As much as I like Eva she is no Morena. I really fell in love with her in 'Firefly'. Her character Inara's relationship with Mal (Natan Fillion) was complex and real. There love was no faux creation of circumstance like in some romantic comedy. They would die for each other but would never dare let the other know that.

The WASP has always been one of my favorite characters in the AVENGERS comic book but her place in my heart was really secured by the way they have portrayed her in the 'Avengers - World's Mightiest Heroes' cartoon. She is cute and brave and spunky and can hold her own beside more powerful heroes like THOR or IRON MAN.

They have been showing a new episode of the AVENGERS cartoon all week. It's a great shoe with fantastic heroes and villains and complex story lines that keep you coming back. I can only dream that the live action movie will be half as good. With Joss Weedon directing it has a great chance to be.

Oh and one more thing. Nathan Fillion is rumored to be cast as ANT-MAN in the movie. In the comics ANT-MAN and WASP are married. Cast Morena as WASP and you have the Mal/Inara reunion all lovers of 'Firefly' would applaud.

Can't the planets align just once for something great like that to happen?






5 comments:

Tim Knight said...

Good call. Monica Baccarin would be awesome as Janet Van Dyne. I could so see that :) Especially with Whedon as her director.

M. D. Jackson said...

I've also heard that neither of those characters is in the movie. There seems to be a lot of rumours but few hard facts.

Kal said...

I have had a hard time finding the truth also. It is fun to speculate though. My casting ideas would are so great that they would create a ripple of geekasms across the fanboy universe.

Unknown said...

Who in the hell is Monica Baccarin? Oh, wait, you mean Morena Baccarin perhaps? Can't have loved her in Firefly that much...

Kal said...

Thanks Non. For some reason I always mess up her name. It's like a mental block in my head.