Saturday, April 2, 2011

Source Code (2011)


If there is one type of movie I love, it's a time travelling adventure were the hero only has minutes to fix what went wrong in the past in order to save the future. It also helped that this movie stars Jake Gyllenhaal who gets a free pass with me forever since he was in 'Donnie Darko'.


This is an action thriller centered on a soldier who wakes up in the body of an unknown man and discovers he's part of a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. Each 'jump' he makes only gives him 8 minutes to gather all the information he needs before he is pulled back and has to start the whole eight minutes all over again. He is told that he can't stop the trains explosion, but can he?


This trailer should tell you everything you need to know.



Each 'jump' he makes back into the past helps him learn more about the train and the unique experiment he has found himself in. The truth about what is happening is a little trippy but I promise you it will all make sense in the end.


I enjoy movies that don't feed me all the information I need until the end. I love being taken on the journey where I may or may not figure out the entire story until I think about it over the next several days.

7/10

4 comments:

Martha said...

Visiting from the A-Z Blogging Challenge - following :-)

KM Nalle said...

Alex talked about Source Code too. It looks great. I can hardly wait to see it.

Cap'n Carrot said...

Ah, here's a flick I can agree with you on. Definitely worth seeing.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Saw it Friday and reviewed it yesterday - really dug this flick!