Monday, April 4, 2011

Well, I Said It Would Happen


I have confessed earlier that I do watch Dancing With The Stars. I like the female dancers and their grace, power and strength. They are real athletes. I appreciate the effort that goes into choreographing each week's performances.

I do however have issues with Maksim Chmerkovskiy. He is one of the professional dancers who is teamed with a 'star' each cycle. Maksim is the kind of guy who wears his shirt open because he CAN. You know the type. Three day scruff of beard EVERYDAY - walks around with the top three buttons of his shirt undone all the time. I am jealous of him and he KNOWS it.

I have had a theory going for the past couple of years that he gets much better scores from the judges when he does up all the buttons and tucks in his shirt. Tonight he had NO buttons done up and he got injured. Pulled a muscle in his thigh trying to support the weight of his 'star' on his leg. Too bad for him that his partner was Kirstie Alley who was too heavy for him to lift and who also seems totally stoned every time she is on camera.

I was admiring Maks for how well he treated Kirstie Alley and I admired her for how well she was doing as a dancer. Too bad she just took out her partner. She crushed him. Maks bravely tried to finish the dance but he was hurting. I don't know if he will make it back into the competition.

If that happens who will I hate? Who will I love when he defies my expectations and come across like a good guy, an athlete and not a jerk with a open dress shirt? I had hope that he might actually win the whole thing. He came so close to that goal last year.

But now he is maimed. Ruined like a thoroughbred who may need to be put down. I hope if they are forced to do that, that they will button up his shirt in the coffin. It's only the proper thing to do.

5 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

Kirstie's supposed to crush the competition, not her partner!

And Maksim? Gay. Totally gay. Gayer than gay. Gayer than Christmas.

Kal said...

Christmas IS pretty gay. I have seen the sweaters people wear.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, please. Clearly a "staged" injury for ratings purposes.

DrGoat said...

Thanks for making me laugh. I needed it this morning.

Kal said...

Debra, my mom called bullshit the second he did all those spins. I still am laughing at how out of it Kirstie was around the whole things. She is tuned OUT.