Friday, April 8, 2011

Why Belle Is My Favorite Cartoon Disney Princess


I like Belle a lot. She was kind of a loner, but she wasn’t sad over it or desperate to fit in. She didn’t give a shit that the hottest piece of man-ass in town wanted her, because he was a total douchebag and she knew she could do better. She wasn’t motivated by love or the need to have a significant other to do anything. In fact, even when she began to fall in love with the beast and she got news that her father was sick, she was like “iight I’m feelin you Beast but my dad is like dying in the woods so I should prooobbably go”. And then when Gaston was like being a complete asshole by getting everyone to raid the castle and kill the Beast, she broke the FUCK out of that cellar and rode a horse to rescue her man, after she nursed her father back to health. And we don’t even need to mention the fact that her man was an 8 foot Chewbacca/buffalo hybrid, she saw that he was a kind person who loved her and she fell in love with him. Like, seriously, Belle is basically the coolest woman ever.

15 comments:

Belle said...

I never really thought about how good and strong her character is. You are right, she is a great girl.

Rawknrobyn.blogspot.com said...

This is the best review of a Disney character I've ever read. Great wording ("hottest piece of man-ass", etc.). Plus, that Belle was an intellectual. She read voraciously, determined to make something of herself. What a role model.
xoRobyn

Kal said...

Plus she fell in love with and saved the beastly monster boy so it gives fellow monster boys like me hope. I still tear up at the part when he first shows her the library.

Paradox Al said...

I always thought of her as the hottest of all the Disney girls. I loved how she loved reading, and how she would treat all those furniture-servants so nicely (my favourite was the little teacup). She was definitely my earliest crush.

Cathy Olliffe-Webster said...

See? This never even crossed my mind. My mind was Belle-vacant and now it's Belle-full. That's why your cave is cool.

Paradox Al said...

I agree with Cathy here. I haven't thought of Belle in a long time, so thanks for doing another awesome post.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Now we just need a movie that is based on the reverse premise. Then I'll love Disney too.

Kal said...

Have you see 'Tangled' - it is a fresh take on the Disney Princess theme and is very cute and appealing. The non-talking animals steal the show.

Cora said...

She's always been my favorite Princess. Having your nose in a book ROCKS.

At Disneyland/California Adventure there is a Beast's Library where you take a personality quiz in a "magic" book and it tells you which Disney character you're most like. I get Belle every dang time! And I walk out of there amongst a bunch of Cinderellas and Little Mermaids with my head held high!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

No, I haven't seen Tangled yet but I want to. It looks like fun.

Lazarus Lupin said...

I always liked belle so much but for favorite I might have to change up after seeing tangled. She had me with "When will my life begin?"

Lazarus LUpin
http://strangespanner.blogspot.com/
art and review

Kal said...

You are right Laz. I loved 'Tangled' and that Rapunzel is one fiesty princess. I laughed everytime she bashed that guy with the cast iron frying pan.

Kal said...

You are right Laz. I loved 'Tangled' and that Rapunzel is one fiesty princess. I laughed everytime she bashed that guy with the cast iron frying pan.

M. D. Jackson said...

Yeah, Belle is great. but honestly, do you think she was happy with the beast as the "pretty boy" prince? I think she missed the snuggly furry warmth. Honestly, he was cooler as a beast then he was as a man. He probably went right back to being a spoiled princeling and she dumped his ass.

Kal said...

That is so funny. I thought the exact same thing because I really connected to the Beast, kinda horrific with the soul of poet. You are right. I wish Belle had taken one look at the Prince and smashed 'something' to turn him back into a throw rug.