Thursday, October 18, 2012

I Teach Because I Love - Shrodinger's Cat



When I was in the Faculty of Education our professor had us teach a small ten minute lesson from a list of topics. The goal was to get across a complicated theory in a creative and simple way. My lesson was about Shrodinger's Cat, a famous thought experiment. I wish I had this video available to me at the time (mid 80s) because it perfectly illustrates the concept. As it was I had to provide my own box, stuffed cat and poison grenade.

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

School Boards are so stingy with school supplies. They probably have a huge cupboard somewhere under lock and key that is just STUFFED full of boxes, cats and poison grenades.

Kal said...

THE BASTARDS!

M. D. Jackson said...

I did that experiment for a video once. I used a real cat but the poison gas was fake. The cat was alive when I opened the box.

Kal said...

I am glad to hear you let the kitty live.