Sunday, October 21, 2012

OMG - It's SUNDAY???

After giving up all sleeping pills this summer I finally give in and had one on Friday night. Now it is Sunday morning and I have the shakes from sleeping so much. I never sleep that many hours in a row. I half remember opening a can of food for the cat when I got up. I hope when I got up to pee that I hit the right receptacle. I just don't remember. Good lord that was sweet.

When I got to the computer, for some reason, my headphones would not work....my beautiful 70 dollar Sony super-headphones. I started to twitch for a second because without the sound, watching shows on my monitor is impossible. Even a few hours without my computer is too much time away for me.

I just spend the last hour going through boxes in the garage, basement and my room without any luck. I thought EVERYONE had a few pairs of those cheap airline headphones lying around. I know I get a couple every time I travel and I never throw them out.

At the moment when I was just about the give up I decided to dump out one more junk drawer and SHAZAM! There was a pair of headphones. The sound is not as great but it's SOUND. Never did those punks from the Jersey Shore sound so good.

Then I went to check the mail and both my cigars and this guy were waiting for me. It's amazing how a day can go from crappy to great in the time it takes to make a single breath.



 
This is a fantastic version of Superman from the greatest Superman story ever - Kingdom Come. Of all the animated features that have been made in the past five years, this is the one I hoped for the most. If they can make The Dark Knight Returns then they can certainly make Kingdom Come.
 


 
The action figures, many redesigned by Alex Ross, himself, look beautiful. I have decided to chase after the entire collection. I just love the solid construction and beautiful colors. These are the kinds of figures that will only increase in value - If EBay is any indication.
 


Kingdom Come is a four-issue comic book mini-series published in 1996 by DC Comics under their Elseworlds imprint. It was written by Alex Ross and Mark Waid and painted in gouache by Ross, who also developed the concept from an original idea. The story is set in a future that deals with a growing conflict between "traditional" superheroes, such as Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Justice League, and a growing population of largely amoral and dangerously irresponsible new vigilantes, in many cases the offspring of the traditional heroes. Between these two groups is Batman and his assembled team, who attempt to contain the escalating disaster, foil the machinations of Lex Luthor, and prevent a world-ending superhuman war.
 



 

2 comments:

DrGoat said...

I can smell those babies from here. The cigars I mean.

Kal said...

Canada was smart enough to make nice with CUBA so that we could order the best cigars.