Monday, October 8, 2012

Your Cell Cake Gets An A+

 
I miss teaching grade 10 Science. The course was a combination of biology, physics and chemistry with doses of meteorology, geography, planetary sciences and the future. I loved hammering home the basics. There is nothing cooler than seeing everyone figure out a complicated physics problem or balance a chemical equation. I also assigned a monthly project. One of them was creating the model of a cell out of food. Once they realized that they could eat the project after it was graded I got mostly baked cells. Some of my favorite ones were made out of party snack food. The pizza cells looked very cool once they had been cooked - everything had that kind of fluid mixture of elements like you would expect to see in a real cell.
 

1 comment:

Dr. Theda said...

Back in seventh grade I made mine from "knox Gelatin" in a small plastic bag...a marble for its nucleus... and bits of string for the other parts... teacher loved my creativity ... and gave me an A