Saturday, March 2, 2013

Asohka

 
I just have to say this. For an organization, you Jedi are a pretty arrogant bunch. You have all these so called powers but you can't tell if one of your own is lying to you or telling you the truth. GAH! No wonder Asohka left you bunch of numnuts behind. She's too GOOD for your little light saber club.


I so appreciate that they ending Season Five in such a strong way. The Clone Wars has always been the series that filled in so many blanks in the relationship between Obi-Wan Kenobi, Asohka Tanno and Annakin Skywalker - 3 'generations' of Jedi would live and work together for the good of the Republic.


I watched this series and what the characters went through and I can understand why Annakin would turn to the Dark Side and become Darth Vader. The failure of his Padawan to earn her spot among the ruling council of the Jedi is just the first chink in the armor. I get his downfall now in a way that the movies never made me understand. Annakin's 'issues' with the Jedi Council go deep and the loss of his Padawan certainly don't help the relationship.


I have mentioned before that I think it would be a great story idea to have Asohka show up in the live action Episode Seven movie currently being directed by J.J. Abrams. She is one of the few characters from the expanded universe that is well know enough to have the kind of impact you would hope for any character they decide to bring in or create.


 
 

2 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

I refuse to read any ashoka posts. In fact I should probably stay away from most blogs until season 5 comes out on DVD...I have NO idea what is going on since the last one I watched was season 4.

Kal said...

I can understand that. For me the episode is still fresh so I had to talk about it. I am just glad that someone else is a fan of this show.