Friday, March 1, 2013

Calvin Says No. This Has Got To Go

Of all I know about this particular African tribe I have determined that sitting in a circle this way is the most they have ever contributed to human civilization. The worst part is that it never caught on with the world. None of us sits that way when we are in groups. You only ever see THIS picture and no other. Even kids on the You Tubes who PLANK and do other crazy shit haven't done this group maneuver. There isn't even a name for it I think. But how often have we seen this stupid picture in every textbook about Africa and every National Geographic cover story centered in the 'Dark Continent'?

 
It looks goofy. And you can't light a fire in the center because that will burn the bottom of their feet quickly and ruin the circle in return. What is the freakin' point? It's how they make the poor bastards spend their school recesses over there. Tell me its culturally based and I will stop busting their balls about this activity.

Wow. Here, have a cookie for being able to sit in a circle with your buddies. I do not need to see this stupid picture in ever book or magazine article written about Africa ever again. Okay, this one is banned. I hate this picture so much.

I know Africa is much more than this sub Saharan jungle scout troop and their sick way of meeting.

7 comments:

M. D. Jackson said...

I think you've had too much sugar today, Cal.

Kal said...

BUT LOOK AT THE FEET! WHAT IS WITH THE FEET???

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's the Sub-Saharan Busby Berkeley Memorial Scout Troop.

DrGoat said...

Their way, in the long run, is better than ours.

Kal said...

Of that I have no doubt. But what is with the FEET???

Kal said...

omg Wilma I actually GET your Busby Berkeley reference. What is wrong with me?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha, Cal, it's called "middle age."