Saturday, March 2, 2013

Sorry Internets. I Have To Call Bullshit On This One

Red Dacca Bananas(Musa acuminata).

They are smaller and plumper than the common Cavendish banana. When ripe, raw red bananas have a flesh that is cream to light pink in color. They are also softer and sweeter than the yellow Cavendish varieties, with a slight raspberry flavor. Many red bananas are imported from producers in Asia and South America. They are a favorite in Central America but are sold throughout the world.

GAH! I hate being exposed to things I didn't already know before. Therefor I am choosing to believe this is not a real variety of banana and move on with my life. I am not even going to 'google' it. I am disturbed that in a grocery store that has a billion varieties of fruit for sale that no one have ever tried to pass me a red banana. Just never happened. Never seen a story about the red banana or a picture of a red banana or a movie set in the tropics that had a red banana bunch in the background of a shot.

Never ever.

Stupid Tumblr and your made-up fruit posts. This is why the kids are growin' up ignorant.

 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Careful Kal, every time you say that a fruit isn't real, The Fruit Bats come to get you.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121223060252/mlp/images/7/72/S3E08_Red_Fruit_Bat.png

Kal said...

I think I am pretty safe ground with exposing this hoax.

D.I. Felipe González said...

What do you mean you don´t know red bananas? We eat at least four different varieties of bananas in México!
And those are red: you should like them being Canadian.