Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Words And The Spice Must Flow

 
Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn to see fear’s path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.



 
What novel do you have multiple well worn copies of? If you were in an old book store would you look for another older volume of the same book so that you can eventually find a first edition? If you are a Bibliophiles, you know what I am talking about and you are my people.
 

3 comments:

Hobgoblin238 said...

I do know what you are talking about! I just wish we had English book stores in this city!

Simon B said...

I used to have multiple editions of various books but space is always a consideration and I've had to whittle my collection down. I have still got two editions of Poe's Tales Of Mystery & Imagination which I can't bear to part with.

DrGoat said...

I've got 3 Hobbits, one my Uncle gave me in '63 and 2 other others I picked up during my dubious travels. Also some doubles of Jack Vance novels, specifically The Demon Princes series. And of course I have 6 copies of Dr. Goat, the children's book my Uncle illustrated back in the 50s.