Friday, May 31, 2013

Now THIS Is A Man

I am so impressed with Patrick Stewart this week. From having his first slice of pizza to this moving speech, he has renewed my faith in humanity for a moment. I also want it known that my tears are from the dust in the room, not anything else.



The girl who asked the question, Heather, wrote about what happened on her Tumblr. Here’s a snippet:

They were about to move onto the next question when Sir Patrick looked at me and asked me “My Dear, are you okay?” I said yes, and that I was finally able to move on from that part of my life. He then passionately said that it is never the woman’s fault in domestic violence, and how wrong to think that it ever is. That it is in the power of men to stop violence towards women. The moderator then asked “Do you want a hug?” Sir Patrick didn’t even hesitate, he smiled, hopped off the stage and came over to embrace me in a hug. Which he held me there for a long while. He told me “You never have to go through that again, you’re safe now.” I couldn’t stop thanking him. His embrace was so warm and genuine. It was two people, two strangers, supporting and giving love. And when we pulled away he looked strait in my eyes, like he was promising that. He told me to take care. And I will.



 

2 comments:

Big J said...

Dude is awesome and he has an amazing sense of humor, you should see his episode of the Ricky Gervais show Extras. Stewart plays a comical version of himself, talking about a project he is working on. And yeah the clip you showed me definitely gave me more respect for a man had plenty of respect for

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing this again - the other story too is that his father suffered from battle fatigue - shell shock- and it motivated him to do something for his father too and volunteer for a PTSD charity. So inspirational