Friday, November 29, 2013

I Love The Sound Of Music But...


 
It's too bad that Carrie Underwood took on such an iconic role in an iconic piece of holiday entertainment. She can only lose by comparison to the great Julie Andrew who is eternally magical. It's a lot for Underwood to take on. But the show is done on Broadway all the time and I even saw a version at Winnipeg's outdoor theatre when I was a kid so I know lots of company's do this production...just not live on TV where social media can be brutal.

 
And don't get me started on Gretel. If ANY of those kids would have squealed to the Nazis it would have been her. She's got that weird eye thing going on. I just don't trust her. Share as little operational information with her as you can.

I love that movie but that freakin' elaborate puppet show they put on makes me nuts every year. These are pre-war Austrian almost orphans who never got to play and SUDDENLY they are putting on a Broadway production with music and MARIONETTES?? It's insanity and it gets only more complex as it goes along. NEVER EVER EVER would that every happen in real life. The rest I can believe. I cry every time I hear Eidelwiess. I know in real life they crossed over the mountains into Switzerland. But the PUPPET SHOW!!!

Now next week Carrie Underwood and company will attempt to do the production LIVE on television. I may have to watch to see if it's the train wreck I predict it will be. I mean how can they ever hope to duplicate this puppet show on a live stage? It's can't be done. And anything LESS than what I see in the movie will satisfy me.



And just when you think it's over it just GETS MORE INSANE. It makes my head explode every year. Then just for fun I watched it one year after smoking some Old Toby. My Mother thought she would have to have me sedated as I just went crazy on this thing. I would love to do a Ricky Gervais  comedy bit where I show the video while talking about. That is also why my family will no longer watch this movie with me. Not a one. And you want to know why?

Because the first time I ranted about this puppet show thing I was 12. And I only got worse with each new viewing. I actually ruined a beautiful family tradition but I don't care because I NEED PEOPLE TO SEE THIS AND UNDERSTAND as I do that it's NOT POSSIBLE. Not with those pre-war orphans.

And especially NOT that Gretel.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And on top of everything else, those marionettes are HIDEOUS.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Its been so long since I've seen the film itself start to finish that I forgot about the marionettes. By golly are they creepy!

Kal said...

You think I just make this stuff up?

Black Min said...

I am a music lover!
Music is essential in our lives. Music brings joy and laughter. On the road of music there are many successful people, singers and musicians. I'm living on the road of music. I will introduce people to music related ringtones. There are many ringtones from popular songs. What are you waiting for? Visit my homepage to set your favorite phone ringtone: https://bestringtonesfree.net/

This is my favorite ringtone in 2018, you can refer and install:

https://bestringtonesfree.net/jab-bhi-teri-yaad-aayegi-ringtone-download/
https://bestringtonesfree.net/kaala-bgm-ringtone-download/
https://bestringtonesfree.net/tafreeh-ringtone-download/
https://bestringtonesfree.net/bewafa-beauty-ringtone-download/
https://bestringtonesfree.net/qasam-kha-li-ringtone-download/

Free ringtones. I need your comment to improve the ringtone better and bring a new look to the ringtone world.

Sophie Grace said...

I like viewing web sites which comprehend the price of delivering the excellent useful resource free of charge. I truly adored reading your posting.With spellcaster on game sims 4 cheats brings balance to the realm or get into some mischief.