Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Don't Say 'I Told You So' Please

Sometimes you can be having the worst day and things can turn around for you in a second. I walked into work today feeling fat, dejected, and less scruffy. I think my beard looks horrid but if I want to do a fancy style and replicate the facial hair of a nice steampunk gentleman I had to get it cut back to a better starting place. At least that is what my new stylist told me. She even suggested color but I don't know about that. I like the multiple colors in my beard. But she is keen to help me achieve a 'look' and I am excited about that. I have plans for the summer with my beard.

At work I only had two students but I gave them one of the Science practice GED tests and they ACED IT!! Both got better than 90%!! WHO IS THE GREATEST TEACHER IN THE WORLD NOW, BITCHES?!?!

Me, that's who.

I also got confirmation that I will be working with the NEXT set of GED students as we got the government contract that we applied for. Three of us will be working together to team teach two classes of students. I look forward to that because the other teachers are fantastic and I can learn a lot from each of them. As well as the city classes we run we are connected to several rural locations around the city and use the latest technology to do our instruction to those students. I will have a front row seat now to learn how they deliver this distance learning and add to my already considerable teaching skills set.

So what is the lesson here?

When most things continue to suck (my job success and weigh loss isn't making me feel any happier like I thought they would) there is always a chance that a moment will turn things around for another day, so you can face the next day.

So for those of you who thought I would chuck it all to run my mountain fiddle camp, I am sorry that the dream for us all must be delayed for just a few more years. Just keep practicing.

 

3 comments:

profsafety said...

You are one of the greats, my friend! Don't forget that. You are changing lives, on-line and in your real life. Thank you for all you do!

Kal said...

Thank you for that my brother.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Celebrate your successes, Cal. It's important.