Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Don't You Mean 'Death With Archie'?

 
I have no doubt that Archie's 'death' will not last long as no deaths in comics are ever permanent except for Uncle Ben. He has to stay dead or we have a Spider-Man without his strong moral center. Without the lesson Peter learned from his Uncle's death, we have a very different character than the one we have loved for over 45 years.
 
Follow the link below to read more about this Archie 'event'. I wonder how they will kill him off? I am hoping for something gruesome and violent to make up for all the times I read the same damn Archie story over and over again thinking they would come up with something new. They never did until very recently.
 

The iconic comic book character, beloved by millions around the globe for over 70 years, will sacrifice himself heroically while saving the life of a friend in the pages of July’s LIFE WITH ARCHIE #36, the final issue in the flash-forward series, which spotlights Archie’s adventures after high school and college.






 

6 comments:

jfire2 said...

it's the stupidest fuckingest thing ever in comics, which is saying a lot.

Kal said...

I am numb to all the things that make Archie stupid. At least it's not more BIBLE ARCHIES. Off with his head, I say.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Archie Dead?! What blessed deity do I have to thank for this?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I vote for use of a machete.

Anonymous said...

I suspect the cops will be looking very closely at Reggie.
On the other hand, I always suspected Jughead was quietly insane and one day he was gonna snap and kill a shitload of people.

Kal said...

Of all them Jughead is the one most likely to go off his meds.