Monday, June 16, 2014

Look Kids! Comic Book Questions!


1. marvel or dc?? why?

I like the humanity of old school Marvel but that Golden Age of DC was a lot of fun. I have great memories of reading those dollar treasuries that reprinted all the old classic stories in the 70s.

2. favorite male character?

Peter Parker - The Amazing Spider-Man



3. favorite female character?

Batgirl - Barbara Gordon



4. would you rather be an xmen or avenger?

An X-men. I don't like authority. I like fighting for the Mutant cause.

5. what would your mutant superpower be?

I would liked to be a time traveller but that isn't as much fun as having the powers of the Resurrection Man - every time he dies or is killed he comes back to life with a new superpower that he instinctively knows how to use to deadly effect. I would love the variety of many, many mutant powers

6. would you want to live in a universe where superheros/villains existed?

I would be glued to the TV all the time. I would be such a fan boy. How could your own life not look boring by comparison?

7. who do you think has the coolest superpower?

That is like being asked who my favorite child is. I love them all equally. Unless they are lame. Most are cool. I always liked Cyclops as a kid if I have to answer.

 


8. favorite story arc?

Age of Apocalypse - Marvel trimmed it's universe down to six mini-series that told the story of what happen to the Marvel Universe when Charles Xavier's son, Legion, goes back in time and instead of killing Magneto, he accidently kills his own father thus changing his future and the future of all other mutants. Apocalypse is on the verge of killing every human on the planet and Magneto leads the X-man against odds that are never with our heroes. The one handed Wolverine and the one eyed Cyclops are just examples of great character redesigns.



9. what would you do if you had a superpower? would you keep it to yourself?

For sure I would keep it to myself. Any media attention would mess with my life and if the government knew that such individuals existed, they would exploit them for military purposes. I don't need the bullshit of being on the run from government agents. It will be like living the Cold War all over again for me. But I have said too much already.

10. who would win in a 1v1 fight: iron man or captain america?

Super Soldier vs Futuristic Technoknight?? How dare you even ask me that question. In no Universe does Iron Man lose unless Cap tricks him with tech that shuts down Tony's armor. Cap WOULD fight Iron Man but he would always lose. It's to big an obstacle for Cap to overcome. Especially not with Tony's experience in the armor.




11. which character do you wish didn’t exist?

Deadpool. I just don't get Deadpool



12. favorite villain?

There is no gloom like the gloom that is DOOM.



13. favorite extraterrestrial character? (ie. superman, thor)

Silver Surfer - his ennui is delicious to me.



14. lamest superpower?

Crazy Quilt. I don't know why but I have always hated his disco lightshow. What is the point? And that outfit. Follow the link below the image to read an article that says all that needs to be said about this lame ass villain.

 


15. which character do you think should get a movie? (besides hawkeye and wonder woman bc literally everyone wants that)

Who wants a Hawkeye movie? After ten arrows he is boring and defenseless unless you use Pym Particles to let him store hundreds of arrows at microscopic size. See, now that movie works for me.

16. worst outfit ever?

Any designed by Rob Liefeld. All the pouches and big shoulder pads and big guns to hide his lack of ability to draw pleasing anatomy on characters. Again I point to Cable and Deadpool.

 

17. favorite comic book artist?

You can't go wrong with the King Jack Kirby.



18. favorite writer?

I like Mark Waid who wrote Kingdom Come.


19. What would you say to Stan Lee if you met him?

Thank you for all the joy his work gave a lonely kid when he needed someplace to take his imagination.

 

3 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

You don't like authority? But selling your soul to the man gets you admin privileges!

Living in a world of superheroes is probably the only way you could get me to watch the news these days. Even then I'm sure Fox News would find someway to suck the wind out of the sails.

Is it just me or does Age of Apocalypse Bishop look a lot like Samuel L Jackson?

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Isn't Deadpool sort of a classic trickster figure in a universe where everyone takes themselves way too seriously?

Kal said...

He's just the annoying side of the trickster. Less tricky more likey the sound of his own voice too much.