Monday, June 2, 2014

Massive Shogun Warriors Toy Auction On Ebay

 
 
This is ridiculously priced but fair for a set that includes all the great 3 foot robots including the rare Godzilla. You can see him in the top left corner. Any one of the bigger toys would be a crown jewel in my collection. These came out when I was not collecting toys but was really into comics. I have the complete run of Shogun Warriors that I hunted through many dollar boxes to find. I loved that comic for the late seventies. It was many there to support the toy line. I don't care how the synergy worked because the end result is two cool properties - comics and merchandise.







 
The Godzilla is a great toy.
 
 
Giant robot comics were a huge hit around  the Cave of Cool. Like I mentioned earlier I have the entire run. I especially liked the attempts to include the Shogun Warriors in the larger Marvel Universe by having them interact with the familiar Marvel heroes and villains.



 
 
$15 bucks?? For a three foot robot that fires missiles??
 
 
 


5 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Raydeen should be shipped within the week my Friend ....
And a Happy Birthday good Sir Cal

Mike said...

I had Dragun and Godzilla. This brings a tear to my eye

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

DAAAMMNNN what an awesome display of Shogun Warriors toys. i just recently featured some Shogun Warrior toys on the Rom blog that i saw at a Oakland Museum of California exhibit of all places.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

DAAAMMNNN what an awesome display of Shogun Warriors toys. i just recently featured some Shogun Warrior toys on the Rom blog that i saw at a Oakland Museum of California exhibit of all places.

Kal said...

As much as I chased Oscar Goldman and would love a ROM Space Knight, this Shogun Warrior would be the grandest of grand pieces. Just look at him. LOOK. He is so beautiful it's like looking at the sun.