Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Package From Miss M

 
 
I am very lucky to have the beautiful Miss M in my internet circle of close friends. She is so good to me which is evident by the package of goodness I just received from her. This is better than the regular gift because she actually put some thought into choosing what she knew I would like the most. Truthfully, few people do that for me. It's one of the reasons I hate to get gifts from others at Christmas or my birthday. No one ever gets me what I really want. Miss M broke that jinx.

 
The coolest thing is this Abbey out of the box. She is also in an outfit and hairstyle I have not seen her in - while on her job as a barista. It was wild to touch her skin for the first time. The figure is so detailed that it actually feels like frost like on a popsicle that has been in the freezer for too long - just like it should for the daughter of the Abominable Snowman. I also didn't realize how many ways you can pose these Monster High dolls. They actually stand like real girls Hell, look at my Abbey with her hand on her hip and her other hand giving the 'bitch please' attitude. They have awesome points of articulation and validate my love and investment in this line of toys.

 
 
(click to enlarge)
 
My ever growing loose figure army. I figure the heroes and the villains and the larger characters would have to team-up together to save the Earth. Or at least the ones in my command center do. Miss M added the Wonder Woman and the Magneto that sparkles.
 
 
 
I absolutely love this Demona figure that Miss M sent to go with my Alisa Maza. I have many Gargoyle figures out of the box but anytime I can have the female members of the line, mint in package, I consider that a gift. Look how great these two look together on the wall. This is the kind of figure I would never find around here.

 
 
All of my Wonder Woman figures are in package so it's great to have one loose for my loose figure collection. She is also the one done in the Bruce Timm style so she is extra gorgeous. The paintjob is bright and iconic.
 
 
Magneto was another figure she sent me. He is my favorite villain next to Doctor Doom and this guy is from the early 90s line, the one that accompanied that great cartoon that we all know and love.
 
 
And then finally a great set of comic books. I have 12,000 all packaged downstairs and I love having these well loved comics to read. I read so many comics on line that it's a rare thing to have a hardcopy comic book in my hands. This will be many fine hours of ready in my swinging backyard chair next week. Again, another gift from the amazing Miss M.
 
 

8 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Miss M certainly knows how to read everyone's "toy taste". Looks like quite a collection!

the Trash Man said...

I'm always thrilled to see all the love for Miss M; she really is one of the nicest, most genuine and caring [and yes, generous] people I've met through joining this "blogging" community. A definite highlight of my week is getting to chat, however briefly, with her while we record the Geek Fallout pod-cast together.

And, man, did she send you some absolute treasures! Love the Gargoyles figure, the loose figures [Whirlwind..!], and those comics. I don't know what Samurai Penguin is, but it looks fucking amazing. So cool.

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Samurai Penguin is only the greatest thing ever! How could you not deduce that from something that has both "Samurai" and "Penguin" in the title?

Agreed Miss M is a very encouraging and creative person. Geek Fallout is a weekend highlight whenever shes on. I hope that when I'm not juggling commitments that I can take Chris up on his offer to come on the show sometime and try not to giggle when she says that Southern "y'all".

Hobgoblin238 said...

Wow!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a generous friend! Enjoy that classic B & V "Tears in my Malted"

Unknown said...

MISS M is truly the best Kal no doubt!

Michael Lynn P. said...

Oh Kal I am so glad you enjoyed everything I sent! I was so hoping you'd get a kick out of that Abbey! I do love how her skin has the texture to it, those kinds of details are what make the line such a fun hit.

You were so kind to write about this, I am happy you were overjoyed with everything. It was so much fun getting those things together for you. Hope you are doing well.

And thanks for the kind words Brian, Erik, and John! Y'all are really kind. (I had to. It really is the perfect word if it wasn't so lazy-ish!) lol

Kal said...

The texture is the best part but I also love all the ways I can pose her to reflect different attitudes. It's a nice touch and I promise to only pose her in ways the Abominable Snowman would approve.