Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I'll Let You Know What I Think

 
Heavenly Sword is a dramatic tale of revenge that sees Nariko (Anna Torv), a fiery red-haired heroine, embark on a quest for vengeance against the invading King Bohan (Alfred Molina) and his army. Once considered the failure of a legendary prophecy, Nariko must wield a sword that was ultimately meant for another. This ancient Heavenly Sword, once belonging to a powerful deity, can never be wielded by a mortal without it slowly and inevitably killing them. For Nariko, it is a race against time to avenge her clan before her life is irreparably overtaken by the omnipotent Heavenly Sword.
 
Director: Gun Ho Jang
Writer: Todd Farmer
Stars: Thomas Jane, Anna Torv, Alfred Molina
Genres: Animation
Country: USA
Language: English
 
I don't play video games because then my days would have to be 72 hrs long, instead of the usual 36. However, I have seen several compilations of scenes that tell the story in between all the fighting and tasks the gamer has to perform to reach the end of his/her struggles. The Batman ones (from the Arkham series especially) are epic and I always thought these would look great on their own as full length movies. They certainly have production values equal to any theatrical release. I believe these are called Cut Scenes. Someone correct me if I am mistaken.
 
Now I see this new movie. I have no idea about the game but a fiery red head with a sword has got me half way sold. And I know the voices on the cover. Lets see if this one can hold my interest long enough to get me to the end of the movie. This could be the start of a whole new kind of entertainment - Cut Scene Films for us non-gamers who can appreciate the animation quality that goes into most video games these days.
 

7 comments:

Bob/Sally said...

"a fiery red head with a sword has got me half way sold"

Same here - I'd watch that!

j-swin said...

right? plus anna torv from fringe and you've got a winning combo.

Kal said...

I can't argue with you boys there. I loved Olivia on Fringe.

j-swin said...

fauxlivia was hotter!

j-swin said...

ps, my grail figure was the terry dodson wonder woman series 1 figure, been looking for years for one under $100, found it on ebay for a cool $67.

Kal said...

Very cool piece. I just looked it up and as a collector of Wonder Woman figures that is one I don't have.

j-swin said...

need to get one.