Saturday, September 13, 2014

So Let Me Understand This

I wonder why Apple thought it would be a good idea to suddenly give us all the latest U2 album to our ITunes files regardless if we wanted it or not. It's a sweet deal for U2. They get upwards of 100 million dollars for music that don't have to sell to anyone. Plus they get the 'album sales' on the charts without having anyone actually PURCHASE their music. That is a whole new and disturbing way to bring music to the masses - forced down our throats.

Why not champion some new acts and put out a mixed album of songs from many genres? A real sampler of the top music of the day instead of focussing on one group whose best musical days are behind them. They certainly aren't leading the charge like they used to. U2 is the last group that needs this 'push'. I think I have heard all they have to offer for one lifetime.

The same Apple that so easily can give me what I don't want, makes it extra difficult to figure out how to best use my IPad for fun and entertainment. Don't even think to look to the Apple website for help. They just wants to sell me something NEW without helping me first perfect my use of the OLD.

If I had to do it again, knowing what I know now, I would have bought a different IPad from another company like Samsung but I was seduced by the reputation of Apple that at this point seem completely undeserved.

Bad enough that I know the conditions that Chinese workers live under to make my IPad. Now I feel like one of those people who has to just take what Apple offers and be happy about it. I can't even remove the U2 album unless I do some research on the special steps it takes to remove it. Maybe Apple should have included and 'opt-in' or 'opt-out' feature. At least give us the ILLUSION of control.

Also I have learned that when you purchase a new IPhone 6 and click on the map of Canada, you find that it is faulty with many places not labelled properly or just placed in the wrong geographical location.

TORONTO— Apple seems to be a little confused when it comes to Canadian geography.
 
Consumers who hit Apple.ca to pre-order one of the company’s new iPhones and clicked on a link about delivery timelines saw an error-riddled map of Canada.
 
Apple appeared to have mixed up the nation’s capital and Ontario’s capital, and placed Ottawa roughly where Toronto should be on the map.

Edmonton is also seen to be northwest of Calgary, instead of northeast.
 
And Quebec City is mistakenly labelled as Quebec.
 
A comment from Apple was not immediately available.
 
Consumers who hit Apple.ca to pre-order one of the company’s new iPhones and clicked on a link about delivery timelines saw an error-riddled map of Canada.

 
Apple may know the ins and outs of consumer demand like nobody's business, but they need a lesson in Canadian geography.

The new iPhone 6 is available for pre-order on the Apple.ca site. But click on the link titled "More details about iPhone delivery dates," and you will get a map of Canada riddled with errors. Ottawa is where Toronto is. Toronto seems to be somewhere near Cornwall, Ont. Edmonton is northwest of Calgary, instead of northeast. And Vancouver Island appears to be a peninsula attached to the mainland.

2 comments:

Erik Johnson Illustrator said...

Oh, and here I thought it was just me that got the U2 Album as a fluke. Totally messed with my "recently added playlist", bumping off the Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack.

Kal said...

It can BUMP things off your list that is not Apple approved?? Fuck, that is SKYNET. I can only get this album as music? Any other music I have collected can't go onto my apple product? This is evil.