Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Storyville - The Condemned - Russia's Toughest Prison

I admit that I have a weakness for prison documentaries. I could never imagine myself held behind bars for any length of time. I love my freedom too much and the boredom itself would make me jump from the top level.
 
Russia is pretty hardcore in the way they imprison the worst of the worst. The prison itself is 7 hours from the nearest town in a forest bigger than Germany. Even if you escape, you can't ever make it to freedom especially in  -40 degree weather
 
The cells measure 1 meter by five meters. Not a lot of room for a handball court. No TV, no radio, no books. Just lots of time to sit and think. That is my nightmare.
 
 
 

3 comments:

DrGoat said...

I feel the same way. Never do anything you won't get away with. Can't even imagine being stuck in prison.

Kal said...

Being stuck in prison without internet or my shows.

DrGoat said...

Without anything you love, and having to live with some of the worst assholes in the universe, of which they're are plenty of inside and outside of prison.