Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Am Loving This Casting News

 
It's still very early in the Ghostbusters reboot game; what we do know is that Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones will star as female versions of the Ghostbusters in the reboot directed by Paul Feing slated for a 2016 release.

I am very happy with this cast. All are very talented with McKinnon and Jones being my favorites for the work they are currently doing on SNL. Leslie Jones cracks me up especially when she is all over man-meat Colin Jost on Weekend Update - video of which, of course, I can't share with you because NBC sucks ass and makes it so difficult for a Canadian to promote their content.

We were ever going to get another Ghostbuster movie without the sex change and I for one am excited to see what they come up with. All four women are brilliant at improve and have no doubt been raised on the original film. In that way they have an understanding for what made the first Ghostbusters such an important comedy with near perfect comedy timing. I think Ghostbusters is one that truly deserved the best picture Oscar if comedies were ever recognized in the way that they deserve to be.

 
 

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think it's a great idea too!

DrGoat said...

I'm sick of Melissa McCarthy. Sorry. Never thought she was funny.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

But maybe here she could be because she would be restrained. When she is let run wild she is a train wreck, literally. Plus they needed her name to get the movie made.