Sunday, May 3, 2015

Daredevil - Episode 10


I decided to let the first nine episodes percolate for awhile and I am glad I did. I was excited to get back to this series.

When Foggy finds Matt severely beaten the big secret is out and that is out opening to see how these two became friends in the first place. Of course Matt never told Foggy about his nighttime activities to protect him but Foggy can't help feeling betrayed. When you see the good times they had in the past, you really can't blame him for his anger.


In my mind I keep going back to the casting of this show. Every character is as close as I imagined them in the comic as you can get with live actors. You see that Kirby and Lee got something right when they built the foundation of this series. Matt and Foggy are as important as Batman and Robin. Foggy helps Matt exist in a world that only sees the disability.

 
Without these relationships there is no drama and Frank Miller's epic run (which the series more than pay homage to) wouldn't have the urgency and final payoff that it does. Relationships matter here because people matter in the Hell's Kitchen that Matt wants to create.

I knew that Fisk's relationship with Vanessa would be his Achilles Heel. No one gets out alive, do they?


Foggy mentions 'That Greek Girl" as one of Matt's college girlfriends. That person can only be ELEKTRA and that is the perfect direction to go in Season 2.


 

2 comments:

Sam G said...

My favorite quote from this episode is:"A blind old man taught you the ancient ways of martial arts? Isn't that the plot of Kung Fu?"

j-swin said...

Very satisfied with the season, so glad they green lit a second one.