Sunday, May 3, 2015

Treasure

 
I bought a couple dozen plastic tubs to store and organize all my action figures in as I go through the process this summer of fully documenting all the stuff I really have in my collection. I have 12,000 comics books and graphic novels as well to pour through but those are already in tubs and plastic bags.
 
I would like to get some toy collecting software that would make it easy for me to record all the lose and mint in box figures that I have. It would be great to have a record in one easy place. I might even be able to estimate the value of my collection but that has never been my motivation for collecting. I am not much for selling off a toy once I have it. I would rather give my doubles away to friends and fellow collectors.
 
I was going through a box today and I found this issue of The Amazing Spider Man #24. It was given to me by my University roomie because this was the exact issue that was on the stands the month I was born in 1965. It's a well loved copy and maybe a 4.0 if it was graded but that is not important to me. It's the oldest comic book I have in my collection and was a gift from someone who knew how much I would enjoy it. That makes it priceless to me. Examples like this in my life I could count on one hand.
 

1 comment:

david_b said...

Nice sir..

Currently my oldest is a FINE copy of FF 13, loved the cover of 'em just standing on the Moon.., plus a couple of early DD's.

Awesome.