Thursday, May 7, 2015

What Went Into The Storage Tub Today

As you know everything is going into storage tubs just to better organize all the pieces in my collection. Moving stuff from the upstairs display meant making a choice between storing related pieces together or just filling up a tub with treasure as I go. I decided to go with variety. It will make it more fun in the future to open them up and be reminded of what I have but maybe had forgotten about.

I also apologize for the less than average photographs. I was using my IPad and you really have to control the lighting with that thing. I was in too much of a rush to just make sure I have a picture of everything to care today about the quality.

 
You can tell that this was a gift from someone purchasing toy from the discount bin. No way would I ever pick up this goofy Spidey even if it was the last toy they had left on the shelf. Despite popular opinion, many toy collectors who have variety in their collection realize they can't have EVERYTHING so they try to gather just their favorites. These are the toys they absolutely can't resist from a certain line. This toy only makes me sad.
 
 
 
 
I am still overjoyed by this purchase of the Lone Ranger, Tonto, Butch Cavendish, Scout and Tonto. I got such  great deal for the lot and all of them are nearly complete except for a few scarfs. They even still have the guns in their holsters. You almost never find that for the price I paid on toys that are over 40 years old. You can never beat the cloth costumes.

 
My beloved stuffies of myself and my epic visage.

 
These True Legends toys have a ridiculously high play value. Each set is also insanely detailed. Something else I just couldn't leave on the shelf.

 
More reproduction Megos that allowed me to recapture that time in my youth when I had all these knights. Again, you can never lose out with the cloth costumes, I always say.

 
Yes, Indy figure WITH Ark of the Covenant.
 
 
Another great deal from a follower. Zorro AND Tornado.
 
 
 
I am a big fan of Barry Windsor-Smith and his fantastically detailed artwork. This is a slipcase version of his Storyteller collection 1-12 (complete)
 
 
 

2 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Always enjoy seeing your great Collection, my friend...
...and, by the way "Black Bart" was related to me on my Grandmother's of family..

DrGoat said...

Great stuff!! Love the Ark of the Covenant Indy set.