Wednesday, July 1, 2015

TV Land Cancels Dukes Of Hazard

 
I have no problems when HILLBILLIES on an ALL WHITE show that never say anything racist deserve to keep their show. If Hitler made a decent harmless comedy I might give him a pass too. How can I make fun of the hillbilly if you won't let me SEE the hillbilly. Was there ever a black person ever on that show? Did they ever reference a person of color in anyway, let alone in a derogatory way? How can you hate cops that can NEVER catch let alone shoot these boys. It should be fantasy land for most urban youth. Make trouble and never really get punished for it by a police force that is more corrupt that they have any right to be. But the whole system works. No one ever is hospitalized unless they are a guest star and life goes happily on. I have a soft spot for these Hillbillies and for them to get dropped is kinda taking things a bit to far. Leave these poor bigoted Southerners SOMETHING. We have given them quite the shit kicking this week so they deserve to be throne a bone. Well, the Dukes of Hazard is my bone. Long may it reign on some basic cable network. It's the highpoint of your culture and therefor must always be seen.

2 comments:

Chase March said...

That is ridiculous! This show is a classic for all the reasons you listed. There is no reason to cancel it because of the image of a flag on the car.

Shaking my head at the ignorance of some people.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

This is just piling on. I got my pound of flesh.