Saturday, August 8, 2015

Fantastic Four (2015)


Since hearing of this movie I have taken a wait and see approach. Since the release, however, the film has been savaged by critics.  But as I was watching it, I loved what I was seeing. It was a crackling science fiction adventure that took everything I know about the characters I love and put just enough of a twist on the tale to give it a real world believability.

It reminded me of a WHAT IF story that Marvel did years ago where the accident didn't immediate bond these four individuals into a team or family. If you wanted a movie that was pure FF canon then you will hate this. But if you remember all you love about the Fantastic Four, you will have a great time. It's not action every twenty seconds but it's a good comic book movie. This one had some heart and like with Ant Man a little heart forgives much in a Marvel superhero movie. All the actors are game and the effects aren't as goofy as they appear they would be. Doom has some new powers but the same crazy agenda to rule the world, any world.

More Ben would have been great but when they drop him into a combat zone because I see his value as a military weapon. There was some serious Clobbering Time.

 
 
All of them are seen as weapons by the military. It makes sense. That little bit of realism grounds the story in a way that it needs to be. In fact this movie plays like the pilot of what could be a kickass 13 episode series on Netflix. Seen as a pilot and not a stand alone movie, this works for me.



1 comment:

j-swin said...

Hey Kal, big sale at entertainmentearth.com today, lots of monster high items.