Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Strain - Season Two - Episode 5


God damn those little blind vampire spider children. The way they move while decimating a highly trained and armed police tactical team was terrifying. I hate the way they click when they navigate by echo location. I love a show that can still freak me the fuck out when it needs to. Damn, the Strain is good.


The Old Man has dogs barking at him. He is more vampire than he would like to admit he is due to his worm 'treatments'. He is fast enough with his sword to threaten men half his size with guns. Love watching his bravery and quick thinking as he negotiates with thugs to find the Occidal Lumen for him. This is the magical book that explains how to kill the Master (who still looks like Bat Boy).

 
 
The Kid is a douche. He wants to find his mom. His mom looks like crap and is lost to the Master and isn't coming back. Get with the program, Zac. Or get turned yourself. I no longer give a shit for his life. In fact I am actively wishing for his suffering to continue. He would make a terrific spider child. THEN he will have something to bitch about.


 

I love the Ratcatcher and the Hacker too. They are one of my favorite TV couples ever. He has the confidence of a man in love. Of course that means he will die eventually in some heroic sacrifice. I hope they save that for the finale.

 
They find a way to work with the cops who had the Ratcatcher under custody. I liked seeing a story where the cops, who instead of being dickheads, welcome the help for once. I actually have some hope even though I know the story I far from over.

 Hope you are all watching. If not you are missing out.
 

9 comments:

csmith2884 said...

watched it tonight

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Was I right?

j-swin said...

spot on, the old man is awesome, Fett (the ratcatcher) is a bad ass, Eff needs to lay off the sauce and the kid needs to get bit. really enjoying the new season. next season is only going to be half of book 3.

csmith2884 said...

Can't wait to find out what the hell is in New Jersey and was that a bone hooted sword on its back?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

He's a vampire hunter like the old man with some old school wisdom to share with our team.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Or he is the Master's personal hunter to go after our team. I hope for the former.

j-swin said...

He was sired by the master and he's got an axe to grind

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So he has some 'daddy' issues. I like it.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Don't tell me he bonds with The Kid.