Tuesday, August 18, 2015

The Strain - Season Two - Episode 6

Best show of the summer. Best show of last summer too. It's amazing how intense everything is and how involved I get with the story. The Old Man is still the coolest character on TV. I am so worried that the actor who plays him will die for the entire series can be filmed and the part will have to be recast.

 
Fitzwilliam (Known from now on as The Butler) has joined our little gang just as the Old Man predicted. He has valuable information about Eldridge (The Rich Guy).
 
 
Dear Sweet decaying Kelly and more of those FREAKIN' Spider Children. She has finally caught up with her son so poor asthmatic Zac has a choice to make. Luckily he is smart enough to know that a reunion with his Mom was not in his best interests at this time.
 
 
The Immortal is a cool addition. The bone sword is a nice touch. I am just dying to learn about his backstory. I like his touch of class and sophistication. He clearly has a lot of life experience and carries the respect of the Ancients (those three half awake vampires who are kin to the Master). He is the enemy of the Master and this brings a valuable ally to our vampire hunting team. I want to call them the Scooby Gang but that reference is so over used.
 
Ef let's his dick rule his life and it cost him. He should have not been so naïve about the value of his 'cure' or that anyone would want to have a 'cure' in the first place.
 
By episodes end the Master has become an even more formidable challenge and will not die so easily.
 

2 comments:

j-swin said...

amazing show, my wife says the books are even better. great cast and writing, hopefully it won't get stale.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Dark Horse Comics has been doing a series for several years now adapting the three books. I have been collecting those to read as I go along. I don't want any spoilers though so I am a bit behind the show reading those. I will probably read the books when the show is done in a couple years. I suppose I could read The Fall.