Sunday, August 16, 2015

Torsos By MV Partsch

 





 
MV Partsch is one of my greatest finds. He takes the most amazing detailed convention photography I have ever seen. He has a gift for finding what is amazing about the convention experience in his signature up close and personal style. I wish he would find a way to add his name to his work so others can find his stuff more easily. That is my only negative critique of his work. I see ALOT of convention photos in my day but few reach his level of creativity. I mean there are only so many ways to frame a costume picture. You either show the entire costume or isolate a corner of the image. MV is a MASTER at finding that most interesting corner. This collection of torsos from statues seen at conventions is inspired. I guarantee in every one of my cosplay collection posts you can be sure that at least one of his images is included in the set.
 

2 comments:

MichaelVP said...

Ok. I really have no idea how to properly respond to such kind words.

—-(many minutes later)—-

Holy Cow. I’ve read this now I don’t know how times and I still don’t know what to say to such an amazing series of complementary sentences discussing -in public- a positive opinion of my photography.

Thank you doesn’t really begin to cover it, but – well.. Cal, thank you.

I guess .. also.. I’m very happy that you seem to like my pics!! :)

(that is kinda the point, I guess, after all)

Oh. And I am aware that I put my name on my pics very small and often you cant see it. I do that on purpose. I just don’t wanna ruin the pic too much. An artist signs his work. That’s what I am, so that’s what I do. But not too big. I guess I COULD put American Comicon on the pics. I’ll think about it. But not too big.

But, again, Calvin... thank you. To say such nice things about my pics on your forum. Unexpected. Remarkably humbling. I'm very glad you liked the pics. I liked them, too.
--------------------------------------

------ I'm gonna post most of all this on my blog, if that's ok.. Very touched by it, but also very proud of it. -----

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

You make it easy. Just paying if forward, my brother. You bring me a lot of joy. To set a bar that the Cave of Cool tries to emulate. Your content is a gift to ME. But know all your work is appreciated. Both of us deserve greater fame in our lifetimes. All I ever ask is that you TRY and you never make me question that.