Sunday, August 9, 2015

True Detective Season Two Update


Tonight is the final episode of season two of True Detective and unless there is some kind of mind blowing revelation or explanation, I am going to feel very let down. All I have been watching are a group of severely damaged people with nowhere to go and no story to tell. Okay maybe there is something going on here about corruption but there is no redemption for anyone so any resolution to the story will leave me with nothing for all the effort and attention I gave to this season.

What did I miss? I missed everything. To many names and characters to keep straight so any big revelations have little or no impact on the viewer. Luckily not everyone is messed up at the same time or this thing would be unwatchable. As it is, this is one of the most frustrating shows I have ever seen. Who are suppose to be the good guys here? Why can't we expect anything resembling a happy ending?


I shouldn't have to look up articles online just to follow the program I am watching. If this was a full season show I would have bailed four episode ago like I bailed after season one of Under The Dome. I am only watching tonight's finale because I have come this far already and that should be no reason to become emotionally invested in a stupid TV show.

 

4 comments:

nolan said...

This season's plot was pretty convoluted, but then so was last season's.
What I really enjoy about the show is the neo-noir style and fresh ensemble cast.
All four leads were great but Vince in particular deserves an Emmy nod.
Look forward to seeing who gets cast for the next season.
The next one will hopefully be set on the East coast.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I really liked Vince too.

JBond said...

You used my meme! YAY!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I only borrow from the best.