Friday, September 4, 2015

I Don't Collect Star Wars Toys

But Damn this speeder bike thingie looks cool. I have told the story many times about only buying a couple of the original Star Wars figures because I hated the painted on clothing and small size. I was raised with my action figures being taller and with cloth clothing and tons of accessories. Over the years I have been a bit glad that I have no Star Wars toys because there would always be something I would want and never get to find. All this despite the fact that these toys will be put out in the millions and many will be saved mint in box. Then comes the insanity of the secondary market. I  just don't love the toys enough to get into all that which is weird because it's the TOYS that originally financed Industrial Light and Magic, the studio responsible for all the Star Wars effects. I should support something that has brought me so much joy but there you have it.


 

No comments: