Wednesday, September 2, 2015

New This Fall - The Expanse

Syfy’s promising new series The Expanse has an action-filled new trailer.
 
The new footage, exclusive to EW (above), shows why The Expanse is considered the most ambitious production in the cable channel’s history. 

Premiering on Syfy this December, The Expanse is a 10-episode space drama set 200 years in the future, after mankind has colonized the solar system. A hardened detective (Thomas Jane) and a rogue ship’s captain (Steven Strait) come together for what starts as the case of a missing young woman and evolves into a race across the solar system to expose “the greatest conspiracy in human history.” The series is based on the popular New York Times bestselling book series collectively known as The Expanse, by James S. A. Corey.



 


I think I could give this ten hours to watch the whole thing. I really need something fresh and interesting.

2 comments:

msmariah said...

I'll be very curious to see this show. I kinda feel the SyFy channel missed an opportunity to do this with 'Ascension.' Instead it turned out to be a sluttier version of 'Mad Men' in space (or where they?).

So when you say Thomas Jane, do you mean the same Jane who played the Punisher? I thought he was pretty good in that. I'll watch it for Jane.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Ascension had some brilliant parts. Then end of Part One when you learned the truth and the end where the ship actually got launched. They could have done so much with the concept but they wasted it on a soap opera of a story about classes on the Century ship. Loves me some Thomas Jane. The MIST broke my heart and he was a big part of the success of that film on me.