Monday, October 5, 2015

I Thought This Was A Faux Cover

 
But sadly, it's all too real. I guess this is all DC can come up with these days. I don't even want to know the story because it can only be stupid. In ALL the Universes of the Multiverse, the Colonel is a hero and never a villain. Have you tasted the man's chicken? He knows how to make a tasty bird. Sure he also puts an addictive chemical in his food that makes you crave it about every 21 days or so but he only does that out of love.
 
 
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Kentucky Fried Chicken: The Colonel of Two Worlds pays homage to "The Flash of Two Worlds" by pitting Colonel Sanders against an evil duplicate of himself from Earth-3. The Colonel of Two Worlds is written by Tony Bedard, with art by Tom Derenick, and will be available at New York Comic Con from October 8-11 at the Javits Center in New York. It will also be available post-con on Comixology.
 
The Colonel of Two Worlds is actually the second comic book produced by KFC and DC, with the first, released at Comic-Con International: San Diego, detailing Colonel Sanders's power to make fried chicken "the hard way."
 
 

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Would Marvel ever stoop so low? Have they? If anyone can tell me that answer, you can! And if there was indeed a "Burger King versus Thor" issue, I don't want to know!

Jordan said...

Gee, Cal, I can think of another contemporary comic (using iconic characters) you could read...

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have them. I have slotted time this week to give them my full attention. I don't want to miss anything I might hate. Because hate is what I expect. How dare you challenge my sacred beliefs. What's next? Lego? That happens and I know you are working with the man.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Oh and Debra. I found 12 of these weird crossovers today and I will show them in a post very soon. Many are truly horrific but actually were made. That is the beauty.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Dear God, no.