Monday, October 5, 2015

TV Times

 
When I was twelve I was a god because I had my own 13 inch black and white TV like this one. I won it by getting the most subscriptions for the Winnipeg Free Press when I delivered their paper. Combined with my pink princess phone and beta VCR, I was practically mission control in 1980. I could watch MY shows and spent many a summer watching re-runs of all the programs I missed the first time around. No binge watching whole seasons at your leisure like you all can enjoy today.

There are some things that I love. The change in the seasons is one of them. I am happy to live in a time when the summer is no longer a time for reruns. In fact most reruns have been replaced by fresh programing, most of it interesting and well done because they only last 13 episodes. No time for fluff or filler and they can attract the best actors and creators who may not want to commit to an entire season of Television.


The Strain has been a summer treat for me for every second of it's first two seasons. I am near to watching the finale and I don't want to because I don't want to let this show go until next summer. That Zac is such a menace that he needed to go just the way he did. How could he do what he did to Nora? I freakin' hate that kid.

I just ended my second season of the Last Ship and that one hurt to let go of as well. No more tuna Fishing Shows but the Good Wife is back but that is 22 episodes of stuff I have no doubt seen before after all these seasons. No Deadliest Catch. But there will be Supergirl and that should be cool. I hope.

 

3 comments:

j-swin said...

The strain has been by far the best show on this summer. So many great characters and the story doesn't have that sophomore slump, God I loves me some Guillermo!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

And that finale left me both happy and sad but wanting more. It will be a long wait until next summer. Film all the old man's scenes before the actor dies.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My first TV was a 12 or 13 inch B & W too. With rabbit ears. I bought it second-hand when I started university.