Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Jessica Jones - Episode 3

I am still digging the slow burn that is Jessica Jones but I really need to see some heroic action in this episode to really get me charged to watch more than one of these every couple of days.

 
Luke Cage can't get hurt and Jessica is stronger than he is. I can see them wrecking an apartment with their recreational sex. But when do you see superheroes having sex anyways? Really, they broke the bed? I get it. Mind blowing but not ground breaking.

 
"Sweet Christmas"

I really like their relationship, however. I like a heroic love story. I like that Luke is unaware of other 'gifted' individuals. I keep feeling I am at the bottom floor of something great. We have years of these kind of Marvel shows set in this gritty universe to look forward to.

 
David Tennant is particularly creepy as Kilgrave, one of the most depraved characters Marvel ever created. Just hearing him over the phone was enough to send the chills up my spine. His obsession is truly freaky.


The little Easter Eggs are great and spread throughout the show. The world is already fully formed by the geniuses behind this production. Layer after layer of the best of this part of Marvel's Universe. These ground level heroes are the best part of super heroes these days. Now where is Iron Fist? Where is Danny Rand?


PTSD and the guilt over being the one who survived are all over Jessica's character and actions. I am interested why she keeps seeing the last seconds of Luke Cage's dead wife. Well, of course I know why but I am not suppose to have figured it out by now. Seeing the truth doesn't make it any easier to take. This is emotionally rough stuff. I sure hope there is redemption by the end for everyone and justice for the evil that was done to many people.

 

4 comments:

Kelly Sedinger said...

Hmmmm. I suppose I should try this thing out.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It IS a slow burn but a continual one. I see much payoff down the line.

csmith2884 said...

You got your Sweet Christmas

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Said at the perfect time. I hope they find a way back to each other.