Friday, October 6, 2017

I Am A Huge Fan Of The Super Team Family

 
 
Welcome to the 2000th Super-Team Family cover on this blog (cover #2510 overall)!  When I started back in April of 2010, my original goal was to make 500, so I am glad that I have been able to keep it going - and that folks don't seem to be getting tired of the concept.  Indeed, the site has continued to grow in popularity and I am grateful for the kind comments it has received from various comics-related sites & podcasts, industry professionals, and especially my regular visitors.  Often, someone will say something along the lines of, "I wish this was a real comic!" - Well, for this special Anniversary Issue, Let's make that wish a reality (as best I can anyway)!
 
 
What a great gift these covers have been all these years. With the genius of a lifetime fan of both DC and Marvel, the creator had succeeded with this singular vision. He designs covers to faux comic book stories that could never existed (but should) in our world. This design work is gorgeous and spot on and you would be forgiven for mistaking these for the real thing. I love when they fool even me. They are that good. Superior technique combined with superior imagination. I have posted this work for years with good reason.
 






 
 

8 comments:

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

i liked this site when i first discovered it but it started to get kinda tedious after a while. lately you've been quite a nay sayer when it comes to any new ROM fan art so here's something that turned up from the good ol days by Sal Buscema himself http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2017/10/rom-by-sal-buscema.html

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I have become tedious?? Me?? That hurts me to my core, my brother.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

So that's your blog huh? I had no idea I guess I should have scrutinized this posting a bit more. Well here's some things worth considering before your core might start to show some cracks. Probably between the Rom and Suicide Squad blogs I probably posted around 4 or 5 of your superhero team up mock covers. Hell I even came up with Rom/ Buzz Light Year repanel based on one of your covers. Then there's the Bronze Tiger vs Iron Fist cover I came up with using one of your super team templates it all turned out great I even offered it up to you to post but was seemingly met with dead silence. This was all years ago mind you but it all did happen.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

NO NO NO...the faux covers are not my blog. I thought you were talking about the cave of cool when you said it was tedious. I only do animal captions. I have no such talents.

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

Ok sounds like something got lost in translation there on the whole who's who on which blog. Did you look at the new ROM art by our pal Sal?

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

It's in my image file to be shared soon.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

So you don't think my blog is tedious?

Shlomo Ben Hungstien said...

I wouldn't come here if I thought it was.