Friday, October 13, 2017

It's A Thoriffic Day At The Cave of Cool



First of all this great new trailer that shows me a THOR that I have been begging to see. Finally someone got it right and found the right tone for this kind of spectacle.

Then the mail arrives and Brother Timothy Brannan sent me a package. A gift that shows me he knows what I would like and would have difficulty finding here in Canada. I value anyone that knows me that well and that only comes from being a regular here at the Cave of Cool. I don't have any real life friends so my blog connects me with like minded travelers who are in truth the only people I want to interact with. They are kind and smart and fair and compassionate and the kind of humans who display the very best in humanity by trying to make their little corner of the world a place of kindness and acceptance with a side order or humor and an genius understanding of sarcasm and irony. Anyone who comments here and talks to me is a member of that tribe. We should have t-shirts or at least buttons. You know who you are.

Tim is a great family man who shows off all the great food that he and his family create at every possible opportunity. Food unites them and it's fun to watch them challenge themselves with each and every feast they prepare as a family. The kids should be on Master Chef junior. Their dishes look that good. But with all that Tim and I share a love for Zatanna and all manner of great action figure. A couple of weeks ago he was in a toy aisle and send me a Facebook message with a pic of the Funko Hela. Then he went in search of the other version of her out there from the upcoming movie. The cool version where she looks like Kate Blanchett AND the Kirby drawings of her from the 60s. It's a fantastic looking figure with her iconic big helmet with all the horns. A half hour later he showed me that he found both. I was happy for him but jealous. Now way that happens at the Red Deer Walmart or Toys R Us.

Then he offered them to me without asking. Asked for my address and sent them my way. He did that just because he's a human who knew how much a gesture like that would mean to another human being to have these pieces in his collection. Tim once sent me a Willow/Tara two pack from Buffy The Vampire Slayer figure line which I still treasure amongst all my girl action figures. Again I am humbled that he generously thought of me and went through the effort on my behalf.

I will find something great to send to him from my vast collection and that will be a fun project and I will also pay the kindness forward as I always try to do when a kindness is visited upon me. Thank you my Brother. You fed me some hope at a time when hope is hard to find.

Now look at these beauties.


Not just one Hela but TWO, the second being the FUNKO POP figure of her that is a must for my collection. The action figure from the movie is also spot on. It displays beautifully and the extra part of the build-a-figure is well hidden as not to take away from the great look of this fantastic Goddess of Death.

 
Isn't she just the cutest little Goddess of Death ever??
 
 
I know that Hulk Ragnarok will be a HUGE hit. I know that one of the reasons will be Hela as the villain. She is a tough one to beat. No a Queen or a Monster. She is the Goddess of DEATH. Knowing that you understand how much I love having these girls in my Collection of Cool. Thanks again Tim.
 

4 comments:

j-swin said...

Bully for you, Kal. Tim seems like a great guy.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That is SUCH a wonderful thing for Tim to have done. And love both versions of Hela -- SO well done!

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

Time is a great guy to realize my love for Hela especially right now before the movie is due.

Timothy S. Brannan said...

My pleasure good sir! Glad to know that Hela and Little Hela have found their forever home.