Sunday, January 13, 2019

The Orville Is Officially Dead To Me


Alara's Dad: "We just want what's best for you. And we feel a military career is beneath you. It's what any parent would say to their child."Alara: "Any parent on Xelaya. You do realize that there are planets where a military career is a very honorable thing. The humans view it with great respect."Alara's Dad: "Well, yes, the humans. The hillbillies of the galaxy."

 
I like the actress playing Alara very much but also old time Star Trek vet Robert Picardo as her arrogant father since we have no reason for him without her. As of this week she is off the show and that bothers me. I don't even want to know the real life reason for the change so early into Season Two because I suspect it will be something stupid. He was so good in the episode that I wanted to see him back only to see him become the overprotective father who shows up at the worst time to check in on his little girl who is suddenly the very apple of his eye after rejecting her as stupid for most of her life. But now THAT little episode fantasy will not happen because with her gone then he is gone. You suck Seth. I hear that the girl that is replacing her on the show looks just like her and that annoys me the most.
 

4 comments:

DrGoat said...

Also Robert Picardo from Voyager.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I know...they ruined it for me. Just when he sees the light and they can make some interesting episodes with him and his daughter but they just peed that away and I am sad.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

I hope it wsn't something that stupid. I know it is but every other person does their movies during the tv off season. It's just how it's done so that I am not so bothered by all this.

Bob/Sally said...

From what I've read, it may be a temporary thing. She had scheduling commitments (a movie and an episode of Magnum PI) in a different state, which necessitated her departure.

Apparently it was discussed at Comic Con last year, and they teased big surprises for Alara and Talla. They way they framed it, it sounds like she'll be back at some point, even if just to close out a storyline.