Tuesday, May 26, 2020

Star Wars Memories



Today I was going through some boxes and I found this picture. I had it on the wall in my room for years since I first got these two treasury editions from my Father. He always looked out for things like this that he knew I would love. The black and white picture is on the inside cover of issue two and was something I wish I could have hung on my wall. But there was no such thing as a photocopier in those days and I wasn't going to wreck a comic magazine just to have it by itself. I was told that my Father found a ripped issue in the garbage can at the gas station and asked if he could just take it. The guy didn't care so my Dad took it, cut out the picture and framed it for Christmas that year. The frame has since broken but I still have that picture.



2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Cool memories.

Cal's Canadian Cave of Coolness said...

All the memories of my Dad are cool. In fact he would call my basement room the Cave of Cool.